Comment faire la paix ?
Dans un projet international, des chercheurs de l'EPFZ ont montré les conditions dans lesquelles les belligérants sont prêts à cesser de se battre et pourquoi ils décident de le faire.
- Between 1989 and 2020, a total of 2202 ceasefires resulted from 109 civil wars in 66 countries.
- During particularly bloody months, conflict parties are more likely to agree to ceasefires.
- Ceasefires often occur in the first month of a conflict. After that, it takes an average of four years for the chances to increase again.
- Another factor that increases the likelihood of a ceasefire is when a new leader comes to power.
- Conflict parties are more likely to stop the violence if they have a political justification for doing so.
- Ceasefires are often used to achieve political or military objectives that are incompatible with a peaceful resolution of the conflict.
Source : https://ethz.ch/en/news-and-events/eth-news/news/2022/11/why-conflict-parties-cease-fighting.html